Barça announced the signing of Vitor Roque on July 12th. After some agile negotiations with Athlétic Paranaense, the agreement was finalized with 30 million, to which 31 more will be added depending on certain variables. The agreement stipulated that the striker would continue playing for Furacao until the opening of the year Winter market when he joined the Blaugrana discipline with a contract for six seasons, extendable to a seventh. In other words: until June 2031.
The name of Vitor Roque had to take a back seat to his good performances in the various Brazilian championships and the Copa Libertadores, where he scored 20 goals and eight assists in 41 games. But The young Brazilian talent has returned to the forefront of the news following the new salary limit table that LaLiga announced on Thursday for this season that has just started.
Despite its gigantic efforts to reduce its wage bill, Barça suffered a real setback when the salary limit was reduced by 379 million, from 649 in September last year to 270 for this year. It did him no good to reduce his payroll by almost 160 million and now leave it at 404.7 “kilos”.
Overall, the Blaugrana club is still well above the salary limit required by LaLiga, This means that it will once again be difficult to register new players in the next winter market. And this scenario involves the incorporation of Vitor Roque, who has experienced a strange turn of events. In just 24 hours, the Brazilian has gone from being excluded for the next transfer window to once again being a sure reinforcement for the second half of the season..
After knowing the low salary limit decided by LaLiga, the Blaugrana club leaked that with these new conditions it would be very difficult to sign Vitor Roque in January. But just 24 hours later, the Barcelona team coach said: Xavi Hernández assured that nothing has changed in the signing of the Brazilian striker.
“At the moment, Deco tells me from the sports management that he will be coming in January. Now we are who we are. We will see in January, but in principle there will be no problem. “We will see the circumstances,” said Xavi, who hopes to be able to count on Robert Lewandowski’s replacement.
Barça has three and a half months to create a new financial project that will allow them to register Vitor Roque as planned. Unless the president Joan Laporta or his sports director Deco have an ace up their sleeve, there is the possibility of being able to count on the services of the Brazilian striker, in the sale of a football player or a new exceptional source of income that allows increasing the current salary limit.