The third and deciding match of the three-match ODI series being played between India and Australia will be played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. In the last two matches, India and Australia evened the series by winning 1-1 matches. At the same time, the India team has so far won only 31.82 percent of the matches at the MA Chidambaram Stadium. Let us know 10 special figures related to this field.
- The first ODI match at this ground was played between India and Australia on 9 October 1987, which saw Australia win by 1 run.
- The last ODI match here was played between India and West Indies on 15 December 2019, which saw West Indies win by 8 wickets.
- So far, a total of 22 ODIs have been played at this ground, in which the India team won 7 matches and the opposing team won 5 matches. At the same time, the natural side won 9 matches (in which the India team was not included) and no result came out of a match.
- The team that bats first has won 13 games, while the team that bats after has won a total of 8 games.
- Toss plays a big role here. The teams that won the toss won a total of 15 matches and the teams that lost the toss won only 6 matches.
- ACC Asian XI scored a high score of 337/7 runs in 2007 at this ground.
- Here Kenya made the lowest total. Kenya scored a total of 69 runs in 2011 while playing against New Zealand.
- Here the highest scoring record is recorded in the name of former Pakistani batsman Saeed Anwar. He scored 194 runs in the match against India in 1997.
- West Indies has chased the highest run of 291/2 runs at this course. West Indies did this feat in 2019 while playing India. This was the last ODI match played at this ground.
- Batting first on this ground, the average score is 231 runs.