The number of people killed in the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria has increased to 5000, bodies continue to be found

In Turkey and Syria, the death toll has exceeded 5,000, thousands of people have been injured, many buildings have been destroyed, and large-scale relief efforts are underway.

According to the foreign news agency, more than 80 aftershocks continued after the earthquake. It should be noted that on the morning of Monday, February 6, an earthquake occurred in the eastern region of Turkey at 4:17 a.m. local time, after which dozens of aftershocks continued for 6 hours.

A girl was pulled alive from the rubble of a building in Arafa, Turkey.

In a video circulating on Twitter, rescue workers can be seen pulling out a 10-12-year-old girl from the rubble of a building, whose face, head and clothes are covered in dust.

According to media reports, hundreds of people are still buried in the rubble, and rescue operations are underway to evacuate them. The Turkish president appealed for help from the international community.

##Turkish president

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has said that more than 2,000 buildings were affected by the earthquake in Turkey. After the earthquake, 45 countries have offered assistance.

He said that we are trying to deal with the worst earthquake in history, we cannot estimate the damage caused by the earthquake at present, our first priority is to evacuate the people buried under the debris, 2 thousand 440 people have been rescued so far. Is.

According to foreign media, the aftershocks continue after the earthquake in the affected areas. Officials have expressed fear of an increase in the death toll from the earthquake.

According to the US Seismological Center, the magnitude of the earthquake was recorded at 7.8 on the Richter scale, the epicenter was the Turkish border town of Karaman Meras and its depth was about 14 km.

The earthquake was so severe that its effects were also felt in Lebanon, Israel, Cyprus, Greece and Armenia, but the greatest loss of life and property occurred in Turkey and Syria.

According to the report, hundreds of people are buried in the rubble of the collapsed buildings in Ankara, and the rescue operations are facing serious difficulties due to the snowfall and bad weather.

Officials have confirmed that nearly 2,000 people were killed and thousands injured in the collapse of buildings in 7 provinces of the country, besides hundreds of people buried in the debris of buildings, which rescue activities are underway to evacuate.

According to the foreign media, due to the earthquake, the land route of many areas has also been cut off, the communication system is also disrupted, the electricity supply has been suspended in many areas, while the mobile phone service has also been suspended.

According to the Ministry of Health of Syria, more than 3,000 people have been killed in the provinces of Aleppo, Latakia, Hama and Tartus, while more than 1,000 have been injured. Dozens of buildings have been destroyed. Relief operations are also facing difficulties in war-torn Syria.

On the other hand, more than 80 aftershocks have occurred in the affected area, one of which was recorded with a magnitude of 7.5.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has imposed a state of emergency across the country, while educational institutions have also been closed in 10 provinces. He has also sought help from friendly countries.

According to the report, earthquake tremors were also felt in Cyprus, Greece, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Georgia and Armenia. Italy issued tsunami warning after strong earthquake in Turkey.

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here