In a rather sweltering summer, consuming melons and watermelons can be very refreshing! While it’s important to stay hydrated by drinking water, you can also consume water by eating. If you eat foods that are mostly water, like melons and watermelons, they boost your hydration!
We have compiled a list of some of these popular fruits and their health benefits:
- Protects the skin: Skip the oranges, because one serving of cantaloupe (1 cup) has 100% of your daily vitamin C needs. Vitamin C, in turn, helps the body produce collagen, which helps protect the skin from damage. by the sun.
- best moves Bowel Movements: Melons can also help regulate bowel movements as they are rich in fiber.
- Hydration after training: These cantaloupes make a great post-workout snack as they contain potassium, which is an electrolyte mineral and helps with hydration.
- brain health : one cup of this sweet fruit contains 8% of your daily vitamin B6. B6 is needed to help children form correct brain development. It is also necessary in adults for the proper functioning of the brain.
- Strongest bones: As this melon is rich in calcium, it helps build strong bones (including teeth).
- eye health : this melon contains zeaxanthin and lutein. These two antioxidants are known to help keep your eyes strong and healthy.
- Supports a healthy immune system: Watermelon contains beta-carotene, which our bodies can convert into vitamin A, which helps support our immune system, keeping it healthy.
- Super Low Fat: a serving of watermelon has only 0.2 grams of fat.
- Helps Fight Inflammation: this fruit has a lot of lycopene, which is great for helping to treat inflammation.
- Helps control blood pressure: watermelon has an amino acid called citrulline, which helps control blood pressure.