The Portuguese Agent Jorge Mendes is clear that the next winner of the Ballon d’Or will be his represented Cristiano Ronaldo thanks to his scoring record that has recently made him the top scorer in the history of the national teams.
“Cristiano Ronaldo’s numbers speak for him and should be enough to win another Ballon d’Or. The absolutely extraordinary record of 115 goals for Portugal makes him the absolute record holder in world football history, “he said. Mendes in statements to ‘L’Équipe’.
“This year he broke a 15-year record, to which is added the best scorer in the history of world football, with 794 goals. This greatest achievement in the history of football should be decisive in the awarding of the trophy, because it continues to show that he is, without a doubt, the best player in the history of world football, “said his representative.
What’s more, Mendes recalled that it is “an individual trophy” and collective titles should not be so decisive. “Let’s not forget that Cristiano was the top scorer in the Italian league, top scorer in the last European league, holds the record for top scorer in the Champions League and he is the only player in the world who won everything in three different countries, “he added.
“All this at 36 years old. In my opinion, the Ballon d’Or has a name: Cristiano Ronaldo”, concluded Jorge Mendes on an award that will be announced definitively on November 29. The last winner of the Ballon d’Or was Lionel Messi, in 2019, while last year due to the pandemic he decided to leave himself deserted.