Israel fires on crowds queuing to collect food in Gaza

The authorities of the Gaza Strip, controlled by the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), denounced this Thursday Death of more than 100 people in an attack by the Israeli army against A group of people waiting for food in Gaza City, located in the north of the enclave. “The death toll in the Al Rashin Street massacre rises to 81 martyrs and nearly 700 wounded,” said Gaza Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al Qidra, stressing that there were “dozens” of wounded “in serious or critical condition.” “, which is why he warned that “there could be more than a hundred martyrs.”

Shortly before, the press office of the Gaza authorities had pointed this out The “terrible massacre” occurred when the victims were “looking for food in the southwest of Gaza City, where they went to receive food and assistance.” after more than 700,000 people faced starvation due to the siege by the occupying army.”

Israel’s version

After the incident, the Israeli army stated that “during a delivery of humanitarian aid by truck in the north of the Gaza Strip” a violent incident occurred by Gaza residents who looted the equipment upon arrival.” “During the incident Dozens of Gazans were injured after being trampled. has said in a brief statement on its website that “the details of the event are under review.” Military sources quoted by the Israeli newspaper The Times of Israel said that after the incident, some of these people advanced on the Israeli troops stationed in the area to coordinate the entry of these trucks, to which they responded by opening fire on the crew .

The Gaza authorities emphasized this in a statement on their Telegram accounte “The crew had the premeditated intention to commit this terrible massacre” and added that this is happening “in the context of genocide and ethnic cleansing against the population of the Gaza Strip.” “The occupying army knew that the victims had come to the area for food and aid, but they killed them in cold blood,” he claimed, before blaming the United States and “personally” its President Joe for what happened , gave. Biden to Israel and international organizations “that have not fulfilled their obligations.”

“We hold them fully responsible for the terrible mass murders, massacres, war of annihilation and hunger wars that the occupying army has launched and carried out so far,” he said, demanding that they apply pressure “immediately and urgently calling on Israel to do so.” “to end the genocidal war against the Palestinian people in Gaza” and “to stop the cascade of blood and murder of civilians, children and women.”

In this sense, Al Qidra stressed that the attack “represents a new twist in genocide” and denounced that Israel is “committing a systematic murder of 700,000 people in the northern Gaza Strip through attacks and starvation.”

Read Also:  A motorcyclist was killed in a traffic accident on the approach to Maldonado

“The medical teams are unable to deal with the volume and type of wounds arriving at Al Shifa Hospital due to weak medical and human capacity,” he lamented, referring to the situation of the health system in the Gaza Strip due to Israel’s offensive .

“We call on the international community to end the genocidal war started by the Israeli occupation with American and European support,” he said, calling for “a safe humanitarian corridor” for the “import of medicines, humanitarian aid and fuel” into the north area of ​​the strip.

On his part Islamic Jihad condemned “the enemy’s massacre of civilians waiting for help.” and has claimed that “it is evidence of the level of criminality that this Nazi unit has achieved,” according to the Hamas-affiliated Palestinian newspaper Filastin.

The Palestinian group blamed Biden and the “Western governments” that support Israel, as well as the “Arab regimes” that had been “silent” in the face of the Israeli offensive against the Gaza Strip, which was unleashed after the September attacks. October by Hamas.

“This massacre will only strengthen our people in the face of the murderous machinery and resistance in maintaining their positions to end the aggression and hold the entity – in relation to Israel – accountable for its crimes,” he said.

The World Food Program (WFP) last week announced a “pause” in the delivery of food aid to the northern Gaza Strip for security reasons, just two days after resuming operations following a three-week disruption due to a truck bombing, the United Nations Agency for Palestine said. Refugees in the Middle East (UNRWA).

The WFP claimed its convoys were attacked by “groups of hungry people,” including attempts by those people to board the trucks. He explained that during another delivery “there was complete chaos and violence due to the breakdown of civil order.”

The World Health Organization (WHO) and the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) warned that acute malnutrition among children and pregnant and breastfeeding women in Gaza is rising sharply – with a situation in the north particularly serious – and that this will happen soon will cause an “explosion of deaths” in the Palestinian enclave.

The Israeli army launched an offensive against the Gaza Strip following Hamas attacks on October 7, in which 1,200 people were killed and 240 were kidnapped. Since then, Gaza authorities have reported the deaths of nearly 30,000 people, including more than 400 in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, from security force crackdowns and attacks by Israeli settlers.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here