“Dominican Republic is the ideal destination to do business”

The period 2015-2021 and accumulated January-August 2022, the commercial exchange of the Dominican Republic with the United Kingdom was US$2.3 billion, 64.1% corresponding to imports of goods and the remaining 35.9% to exports, which have grown almost 6% so far in 2022. In terms of investment for the 2011-2021 period, FDI flows from the United Kingdom amounted to US$111 million.

Biviana Riveiro, executive director of ProDominicana stated that: “The Dominican Republic is the ideal destination for doing business, as it maintains constant growth and a stable political environment, thanks to its export and investment attraction policies, its strategic location as Logistics Hub and its productive benefits. The performance we have had is thanks to the joint work of the government, companies, foreign policy, added to the favorable climate to settle in the Dominican Republic, which has a set of incentives and human talent that contribute to our regional positioning.”

Riveiro spoke at the celebration of the IX Dominican Week in the United Kingdom, the Export and Investment Center of the Dominican Republic (ProDominicana) presented the business opportunities offered by the country to companies, diplomatic representatives, investors and potential buyers in an event held at Canning House and which was dedicated to exposing the country as an investment destination in the Caribbean.

The act was headed by the president of the British Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic (BRITCHAM), Amauris Vásquez; the Dominican ambassador to the United Kingdom, Elnio Durán; His Majesty’s Ambassador of the United Kingdom in the country Mockbul Ali, who explained the importance of continuing to strengthen cultural and commercial relations and the strategy of promoting the orange economy between both nations, and of various priority sectors that contribute to sustainable development and inclusive.


The program of activities carried out by the leadership of Prodominicana together with members of the delegation on this day included a series of meetings between British business and commercial organizations such as: the meeting with the Minister of State Jesse Norman, from the Office of Development in the Foreigner and of the Commonwealth, with whom they addressed the promotion of the strengthening of the bilateral relationship; the British Confederation of Industry; the London Chamber of Commerce, the British International Investment Center, among other commercial activities such as an exploratory visit to the DP World company and the Compagnia Frutieri where they were able to learn about logistics procedures and see the Dominican products that arrive in the United Kingdom through the port. , as is the case with bananas.

Likewise, the ProDominicana team held meetings with Baroness Hooper, trade representative of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, and attended the presentation of representatives of ASONAHORES, Paola Rainieri, past president, and Andrés Marranzini, executive vice president, who explained how the Dominican Republic became the number one country in the world in tourism recovery and its future prospects.

As part of the mission’s agenda, the executive director of ProDominicana, Biviana Riveiro, and the director of investment, Marcial Smester, were interviewed by the Financial Times newspaper where they discussed the business opportunities in the Dominican Republic and the successful recovery of the post-pandemic economy.

The IX Dominican Week in the United Kingdom concluded with the artistic presentation of the outstanding Dominican violinist Aisha Syed Castro, in her concert “HERITAGE by Candlelight”.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here