Eating bananas every day has many health benefits in addition to being a rich and satisfying fruit.
This fruit is also known in other countries as banana, plantain, plantain, among others. The three species falling under the common epithet banana are Musa acuminata, Musa balbisiana, and Musa × paradisiaca.
In the vernacular nomenclature of the different Spanish-speaking geographies, a difference is sometimes made between the bananaseaten raw as a dessert fruit, and bananas, which due to its higher starch content must be baked or fried before eating. In other regions it is called banana to the sweet and plantain to green, or the terms are reversed, or even both versions are used interchangeably.
Bananas are usually consumed green or ripe and depending on their maturation, the glycemic index will be higher or lower. The less mature it is, the less glycemic index it will have and vice versa.
Nutritional Content of Banana:
For a long time it was demonized for having a little more calories compared to other fruits. However, this should not be an impediment to consuming it, as it is not fattening. It is a simple carbohydrate, which means that it is assimilated very quickly and provides a lot of energy in a short time, which is ideal for athletes.
This fruit is sweet and fleshy, rich in fiber, carbohydrates, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C and tryptophan, it contains a very useful natural antacid against stomach acid; Plus, it’s low in sodium and low in fat.
Benefits of eating banana:
- Helps promote good blood circulation.
- It acts as a protector against stomach ulcers and intestinal mucosa.
- It favors the proper functioning of the nervous system and prevents the occurrence of muscle cramps.
- Due to its folic acid content, it is essential during pregnancy.
- Improves mood and mild depression.
- Promotes the proper functioning of memory.
- It fights anemia, and this is due to its iron content.
- Improves muscle relaxation and recovery after physical activity.
- Thanks to its zinc content, it prevents hair loss and promotes good skin health.