Vitoria hosts this Sunday the Matín Fiz Marathon

The Martín Fiz marathon will definitely be run. Usually it is in the month of May but, this time, the pandemic has changed the pace for everything. Last year it could not be disputed and now the date has been changed. “We have not returned, we have always been there, waiting for the opportunity to do so. We are delighted that this Sunday, at 8:30, there will be 2,500 people on the starting line“said the athlete from Alava.

They will run that many marathoners from 47 provinces and 21 different countries. 76% of those registered are men and the remaining 24% women. Among the favorites, Marc Hurtado and Elena Loyo, who ran the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games marathon achieving a creditable Top-30. There will be a circuit that goes around the city to avoid the busiest places but, for next year’s edition, the idea is to return to the city center.

The entire municipal corporation was present at the presentation and received commemorative t-shirts that the competitors will wear this Sunday. There will be a 10,000, a half marathon, and a full marathon. Rollerblading races are ruled out but, looking to the future, they also want to recover in the next appointments of years to come. The mayor of Vitoria, Gorka Urtaran, has congratulated “for the gradual return to normality. Sport does not guide the right way in that sense“, has commented.

Read Also:  Balaídos Stadium Renovation Targeted for 2027, World Cup Timeline a Factor

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here