Vegan Cupcakes are a foolproof option for those with a sweet tooth. And baking at home is one of those things in the kitchen that you can hardly beat. Whether because we can better control the quality of the ingredients or because it’s the best way to consume it freshly made, normally no one can resist a good sponge cake or biscuits.
Some recipes, like these vegan cupcakes, have even more perks. Their shape is easy to grab and go, they cook faster than a sponge cake and if you fill them with jam as in this recipe, they are an infallible sweet.
Time: 15 minutes prep / 18-20 minutes cook
Ingredients for 9 to 12 units of vegan cupcakes
- 2 ripe bananas (approximately 200 g)
- 250 ml of soy vegetable drink or of your choice.
- 300gr of wheat flour.
- 2 tsp chemical booster or baking powder.
- 75 g of sugar of your choice.
- 75 gr of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 80 gr of strawberry jam.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Start by peeling the bananas and cutting them into medium pieces. Mix with the vegetable soy drink, the teaspoon of lemon juice and the sugar. You can use the dry sweetener you like best, sugar, pan, erythritol, whole sugar… Once you have a thin cream without lumps, set it aside.
- Sift the flour with a large sieve together with the yeast so that it is well hollowed out and aerated.
- Add the cream from the mixer, the olive oil and beat so that a dough is formed with the ingredients well integrated.
- Prepare some cupcake molds with some paper capsules. If you want to put the dough directly into the mold, you will have to grease them with a little margarine and a little flour so that the dough releases once the muffins are baked.
- Place the dough in the molds, without exceeding two thirds of their capacity and bake at 180˚C for 18 minutes.
- The dough should rise and brown on the surface. Check the inside for doneness with a toothpick to see if the inside is curdled or still moist. Let cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, whip the jam until light and use a syringe or long sleeve nozzle to fill the cupcakes with the strawberry jam. You can use the cracks in the surface of the muffins to inject the jam or do it underneath so that the hole is hidden.
- Decorate the surface with icing sugar and serve.
This recipe for vegan cupcakes is ideal for a nice afternoon tea with friends or as a healthy snack for the kids.