Stabbing attack in a church in Spain: the suspect was in the process of eviction and had “no priors”

The main suspect in Wednesday’s deadly machete attack at two churches in Algeciras, southern Spain, had been awaiting deportation since June due to his irregular status, it said. Thursday, January 26, the Spanish Interior Ministry. A sexton was killed and a priest was injured.

This 25-year-old Moroccan had no “no criminal or terrorism history in Spain or allied countries” and was not monitored by the Spanish services, the ministry said in a message to the press. He was immediately arrested and was still in custody Thursday morning.

The Spanish authorities have opened an investigation for “terrorism” following this double attack. The mayor of Algeciras declared a day of mourning and invited residents to gather to condemn the attack Thursday at noon, in front of the church near which the sexton was killed.

Read Also:  Severe Heatwave in Bangladesh Leaves Millions of Children Without Education

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here