Black Friday is over, but unlike other years we are still waiting for companies to share their results. The first to do so has been Shopify, who has managed to get its merchants to reach sales of 3.360 million of dollars from the beginning of Black Friday in New Zealand to the end of Black Friday in California. This figure represents an increase from 17% on sales from Black Friday 2021 (19% in constant currency).
The moment in which the most transactions occurred on its website was Friday the 25th 12:01 p.m. EST (18:01 in Spain). merchants recorded sales of 3.5 million dollars per minute.
«The weekend that started it all remains one of the biggest retail events of the year, and our merchants have once again broken Black Friday sales records.“, said Harley Finkelstein, President of Shopify. «Our merchants have built beloved brands with loyal communities that support them. This weekend, we’re celebrating the incredible power of entrepreneurship on a global stage.«.
Some global highlights of Shopify’s Black Friday 2022
- Peak sales per minute: 3.5 million of dollars on Black Friday to 12:01 p.m. EST
- Top selling countries and cities where buyers made purchases from: United States, United Kingdom and Canada, with the best-selling cities in Black Friday, including London, New York and Los Angeles.
- Main product categories: clothing and accessories, followed by health and beauty, and home and garden, with on-trend products including Snocks GmbH (boxer shorts), rhodes (peptide liquid for frosting) and brooklinen (Luxe Core sheet set).
- Average cart price: $102.31 USD or $105.10 USD in constant currency
- fifteen%: Cross-border orders worldwide on Black Friday as a percentage of total orders
- 27%: growth in POS sales made by Shopify merchants globally on Black Friday last year