In recent years, AI has gained importance in tackling some of society’s biggest challenges.
Today, AI already helps countries and communities to face epidemics and natural disasters, and offers new opportunities to groups that, historically, did not receive the necessary attention.
Google shared seven examples of how he uses AI to contribute to a better world:
- Flood forecasts and early warning systems for the population to keep people safe through flood forecasting program on Search Engine and Maps in 12 countries and FloodHub with detailed maps indicating flood risk.
- Real-time fire identification forest through satellite imagery to generate AI models to facilitate its extinction.
- Prenatal health follow-up in projects in the development and testing of AI models to train poorly trained sonographers low-resource configurations.
- Combats crop pests to more accurately detect and facilitate locust control measures in Africa or support the development of an AI-assisted application that helps identify and treat infestations in India.
- Study of demographic changes and humanitarian response through the buildings open buildings, a project to create an open access data corpus uses AI to interpret satellite images and identify the location and geometry of buildings with useful information for countless important applications.
- Detection of disease-causing genetic variants. Using our Deep Consensus deep learning technology to identify genetic variants responsible for diseasesfaster and more accurately.
- Help people with non-standard speech to communicate thanks to Project Relatedan Android application based on AI research, which helps to communicate more easily.