Salah and Liverpool end undefeated Man City

Mohamed Salah ended Manchester City’s unbeaten run at the start of the season by scoring the second-half goal that sealed Liverpool’s 1-0 victory against the reigning Premier League champions on Sunday.

On a dramatic day at Anfield, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was sent off for angrily protesting outside his technical area. In turn, City manager Pep Guardiola reacted angrily to the home crowd after the video assistant referee disallowed a Phil Foden goal, saying afterward that coins were thrown at him.

Salah, who came off the fastest hat-trick in Champions League history against Rangers on Wednesday, rocked the nets in the 76th minute after receiving a long clearance from goalkeeper Alisson. Free of marks, Salah beat Ederson for the 1-0 that was final.

Just minutes earlier, the Egyptian striker believed he was going to be replaced when his number abnormally appeared on the board as Klopp set up substitutions.

City’s defeat left Guardiola’s team four points behind leaders Arsenal, who won 1-0 away to Leeds earlier in the day.

The win revives Liverpool after a poor start to the season, which had them 13 points behind City before kick-off.

Despite all of Liverpool’s struggles in the first three months of the campaign, the game at Anfield did not disappoint as it pitted two of the Premier’s dominant teams in recent years.

Both teams generated excellent scoring chances in the first half.

Andy Robertson struck wide as he had Liverpool’s best chance, while Erling Haaland demanded two huge saves from Alisson. The Norwegian striker could also have done better with a header from point-blank range.

Read Also:  Juan Nunez Joins Barcelona: The Latest Transfer News

The match continued at a furious pace in the second half.

When Alisson constructed an inaccurate free kick from Kevin de Bruyne, the Brazilian keeper cleared away to find Salah. The attacker did not forgive.

Shortly after, Klopp was sent off when he came out of his technical area to claim a decision.

Uruguayan striker Darwin Núñez, who entered less than 20 minutes from the final, missed Liverpool’s second when he got complicated when finishing off in a one-on-one with Brazilian Ederson.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here