Peru will prevent unvaccinated people from entering closed public places

The Government of Peru reported that from December 15, people over 18 years of age who have not completed the vaccination scheme against covid-19 will be prevented from entering closed public places.

"People who are not vaccinated have a higher risk of getting COVID-19 and then infecting others, so it is necessary to limit their access to public places", said this Sunday the Minister of Health, Hernando Cevallos.

The latest official data indicates that so far 37.6 million vaccines have been applied in Peru, where there are already 16.5 million people with the two required doses.

Cevallos added that this measure is part of the security guidelines that citizens must comply with in a mandatory manner to prevent the spread of the epidemic, which in Peru reports more than 2.2 million cases and 200,000 deaths so far.

Although the impact of covid-19 has decreased markedly in the country since last September, the minister said that a social commitment from citizens is required to defeat the disease.

NECESSARY MEASURES

Cevallos, who this Sunday made a visit to the northern region of Piura, indicated that the restrictions are necessary, above all, due to the proximity of the end-of-year festivities, which generate a greater number of people in closed places.

In this sense, the Government established that from December 15, those over 18 years of age who want to enter closed spaces must present a physical or virtual card that proves that they have completed their vaccination and permanently wear a mask.

In addition, public transport drivers and collectors, as well as those who provide home delivery services will only be able to do so if they have the vaccination doses.

Read Also:  Investigation into Smuggling Maneuvers Involving Police Officers

On the other hand, it was reported that seven provinces of the country are at an alert level "high" due to the impact of the epidemic, including Huaura and Chincha in Lima, while in the rest of the country the alert level is maintained "moderate".

CAPACITY EXPANSION

For this reason, the capacity of closed and open public places was expanded, although the obligation to comply with safety protocols was maintained, such as the use of a high protection mask or a simple double mask, physical distancing, and ventilation of spaces. and the complete vaccination schedule.

At the moderate level, the capacity was set at 100% in restaurants and related areas whose service area is equal to or more than 200 square meters in internal areas.

In addition, in closed spaces whose customer service area is less than 200 square meters, 80% capacity will be allowed, 60% for gyms, hairdressers and barbershops, 50% for casinos and slot machines, and 40% in coliseums, for vaccinated with two doses.

For activities in open spaces, access will be authorized according to protocols and prior authorization from local governments, except in stadiums, where only 30% of capacity will be allowed for people with full vaccination.

The Ministry of Health reported another 501 confirmed cases and 14 deaths in the last 24 hours, while another 3,203 people are hospitalized, 893 of them in intensive care units (ICU) in the country.

.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here