Pelé was operated on for a tumor and remains in intensive care

Edson Arantes do Nascimento, known worldwide as Pelé, underwent surgery last Saturday to remove a tumor in his colon and remains hospitalized in a hospital in São Paulo, according to the legendary athlete published on his social networks on Monday.

“My friends, thank you very much for the messages of affection. I thank God for making me feel very well and for allowing doctors Fabio and Miguel to take care of my health. Last Saturday I had surgery to remove a suspicious lesion in the right colon. He tumor was identified during the tests that I mentioned last week, “wrote the 80-year-old former player on his Instagram to dispel rumors about his health.

Pelé was admitted 6 days ago for routine examinations at the Albert Einstein hospital in São Paulo and, after several days without official versions, concern about the three-time world champion had grown.

On August 31, Pelé said that he went to the hospital to undergo a series of routine tests that had been postponed due to the covid-19 pandemic, but he assured in his networks that he was in good health before the version that he had passed out. “Guys, I did not pass out and I am in very good health. I went to my routine exams, which I had not been able to do before due to the pandemic. Although I will not be ready for next Sunday,” he said in a joking tone that time.

However, during the examinations the tumor was identified. “Fortunately, I am used to celebrating great victories with you. I will face this match with a smile on my face, a lot of optimism and joy for living surrounded by the love of my family and friends”, ends the message of O Rei of this Monday, published in both Portuguese and English.

Read Also:  US Team Washed Away by Shai Hope's Blitz, West Indies Reach Target in 11 Overs

The former striker ‘s health has been weakened in recent years. After a series of hip surgeries, Pelé faced health problems that caused mobility difficulties and according to one of his sons, former goalkeeper Edinho, he suffered “some depression.” This, together with the pandemic, has kept him practically confined in his home on the coast of São Paulo with his closest family and friends, and away from public life.

The medical part

“The patient Edson Arantes do Nascimento underwent surgery to remove a suspicious lesion in the right colon. The tumor was identified during a routine examination and the material sent for pathological analysis. The patient is well and in recovery in intensive care “, says the medical part of the sanatorium based in the Morumbí neighborhood.

The hospital reported that Pele, who will turn 81 next month, is expected to leave the intensive care unit and go to a common room on Wednesday.

.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here