Norway: bow and arrow attack kills five in Kongsberg

In Norway, a man killed five people and injured two others in Kongsberg, in the south of the country, Thursday, October 14. This archery attack was carried out in several places in the city.

Thursday October 14, around 6 p.m., in the small town of Kongsberg, in south-eastern Norway, a man has started a murderous journey. Armed with a bow, he began shooting arrows for over half an hour. He killed five people and seriously injured two others. At 6:47 p.m., the suspect, a 37-year-old man of Danish nationality, was arrested.

In 2017, in a threatening message posted on the internet, he said he had converted to Islam. In the past, the suspect had been questioned by Norwegian police on suspicion of radicalization. “There is no doubt that this amounts to a terrorist act, but it is important that the investigation continues to determine the suspect’s motives”, said Hans Sverre Sjoevold, head of the Norwegian security services. It is the deadliest attack in Norway since the 2011 bombings by far-right activist Anders Breivik, which killed 77 people.

Read Also:  Automating Reporting And Analytics Processes

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here