Spaniards Carlos Moyá and Juan Carlos Ferrero were nominated for induction into the Tennis Hall of Fame in 2022. They will compete in the vote with four other accomplished legends from four countries for the highest honor bestowed in the world of the racket, which “represents a summation of the honoree’s achievements and impact of being at the highest level in the sport.” , according to the statement from the International Tennis Hall of Fame, which is based in Newport (United States). The last Spanish player to receive this distinction was the Aragonese Conchita Martínez, who entered together with Goran Ivanisevic in 2020, although the ceremony of his admission took place this year due to the pandemic.
The nominees for the ‘Class of 2022’ are:
• Ana Ivanovic (Serbia, 33 years old), 2008 Roland Garros champion and former world number one
• Flavia pennetta (Italy, 39 years old), champion of the US Open 2015 and former world number one in doubles.
• Black face (Zimbabwe, 42), former world number one in doubles and winner of 10 major titles in doubles and mixed doubles.
• Lisa raymond (United States, 48), former world number one in doubles and winner of 11 Grand Slam titles in doubles and mixed doubles.
• Carlos Moya (Spain, 45 years old), winner of Roland Garros 1998 and former world number one.
• Juan Carlos Ferrero placeholder image (Spain, 41 years old), 2003 Roland Garros champion and former world number one.
The six nominees have achieved remarkable results on the most important stages of tennis: Grand Slam titles, Davis Cup victories and the Billie Jean King Cup. His successes are the highlight of tennis history, and it is a pleasure to recognize his achievements with the honor of the International Tennis Hall of Fame nomination, “said ITHF President Stan Smith.
Ivanovic, Black, Pennetta and Moya are new nominees, while Ferrero and Raymond receive their second call. Voting will open for fans on Friday, October 15 at vote.tennisfame.com. The Official Voting Group of existing journalists, historians and Hall of Famers will take place in the coming months. The election is determined by the combination of the results of both ballots.