Lionel Messi, the captain of Argentina and one of the best footballers in the world, has once again won the FIFA 2022 ‘The Best Player’ award. Messi had given Argentina the title in the recently disputed FIFA World Cup. Messi, who won everyone’s hearts at the World Cup with his performance, won this award in his name. In addition, Lionel Scoloni, coach of the World Cup winning squad, received the Best Coach award.
Messi has won this award, which started in 2016, twice. Apart from this, Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski have also won this award 2-2 times. At the same time, Luka Madrik has also won this award once. This time Messi won this award by defeating Kylian Embappé and Karim Benzema from France. After winning the award, Messi shared the award images through his social media and thanked the fans and everyone.
The series of awards on behalf of Argentina did not end here. The ‘Best Fans’ award was given to fans who supported the team. The fans had also supported their team in a big way at the last World Cup.
Significantly, Lionel Messi holds the record of winning the Ballon d’Or 7 times. But last year this award went to the name of Karim Benzema from France. At the same time, Cristiano Ronaldo has been nominated for this award the maximum number of times.
- Best Male Player – Lionel Messi (Argentina).
- Women’s Game West- Alexia Putellas (Spain).
- Best Male Goalkeeper – Emiliano Martinez (Argentina).
- Best Female Goalkeeper – Mary Earps (England).
- Best Male Coach – Lionel Scoloni (Argentina).
- Best Women’s Coach – Sarina Wigman (England).
- FIFA Puskas Award – Sarina Wiegmann (Poland).
- FIFA Fair Player Award – Luka Lochashvili (Georgia).
- FIFA Fan Award – Fans of Argentina.