The teams of Kolkata Knight Riders and Lucknow Super Giants met in the 68th league match of IPL 2023. In this exciting match, Lucknow won by 1 run. With this victory, Lucknow has also booked the ticket for the playoffs. Lucknow became the third team to qualify for the playoffs. At the same time, many mistakes were seen from KKR in this match, so the team lost the match. We will tell you five such big mistakes.
- Chasing 177 runs, the KKR team failed to make any good partnership except the first wicket. Jason Roy and Venkatesh Iyer added 61 runs off 35 balls for the first wicket.
- Half of the KKR team returned to the pavilion for 120 runs after the first wicket fell for 61 runs. Most of the team’s hitters came out cheap. A total of four batsmen failed to cross double figures and Vaibhav Arora went 1 run unbeaten. In this way, of the 9 batters who batted in the match, only four batters were able to cross double figures.
- Chasing down the runs, Rinku Singh played a brilliant unbeaten innings of 67 runs off 33 balls aided by 6 fours and 4 sixes. During this the wickets kept falling from the other end and no batsman was able to hold Rinku Singh.
- After winning the toss, the KKR team bowled well at first and had dropped five wickets of Lucknow Super Giants with a score of just 73 runs. But after this, the team was unable to take any quick wickets. Meanwhile, Nicholas Pooran and Ayush Badoni together shared a partnership of 74 runs off 47 balls for the fifth wicket. Puran took Lucknow’s score to 176 runs with the help of excellent batting.
- Nicholas Pooran, who came to bat at number seven for Lucknow, became a challenge for KKR. Batting in the lower order, he helped Lucknow to a fine score by playing a breakneck innings of 58 runs off 30 balls aided by 4 fours and 5 sixes.