These days Virat Kohli is playing the final match of the World Test Championship against Australia at the Oval in London. After coming off early in India’s first innings of the match, Kohli looked good in the second innings. He has set many important records while hitting second innings. The Indian team is playing their fourth and second innings of the WTC final.
Chasing 444 runs, the Indian team have scored 164 runs for 3 wickets by the end of the fourth day. Now the Indian team needs 280 runs to win the last day. By the end of the fourth day, Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane were present in the fold. Kohli has scored 44 and Rahane has made a personal score of 20 runs. With this 44-run score, Kohli has brought these records to his name.
- Virat Kohli has become India’s leading run scorer in ICC knockout matches.
- Kohli has also become India’s leading run scorer in the World Test Championship.
- Kohli has become the second player to score the most runs in ICC finals.
- While playing against Australia, he crossed the 5,000 international runs mark. He has scored 5003 runs. Kohli is the second Indian player to score the most international runs against Australia. Sachin Tendulkar is at number one on the list with 6707 runs.
- Apart from this, while playing Australia in test matches, Kohli crossed the 2000 run mark. Kohli is the fifth Indian player to score the most runs against Australia in Test cricket. Kohli has completed 2,037 races so far. And Cheteshwar Pujara is at number four with 2074 runs. On this list, Sachin Tendulkar is at number one with 3630 runs.