Israel and Palestine have agreed to a cease-fire in Gaza through the mediation of Cairo on Sunday evening.
According to international media reports, an Egyptian security source said Israel had agreed to the proposal, while a Palestinian official familiar with the Egyptian effort said the ceasefire would take effect at 8 p.m. local time.
Spokesmen for Israel and Palestine did not confirm this, saying only that they were in touch with Cairo.
Gaza authorities said that 36 Palestinians, most of whom are civilians, have been martyred so far by the Israeli bombing.
Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Mohammad Shatia has called on the international community to help stop Israel’s aggression while calling for a ceasefire between the two sides in Gaza.
The United Nations Special Representative for the Occupied Palestinian Territories says that Israel’s airstrikes on the besieged Gaza Strip are not only illegal but irresponsible, calling for a diplomatic solution to the latest bout of violence.