Exactly one year ago, the Hindi film industry was at its lowest point. Star-studded films like Lal Singh Chadha and Raksha Bandhan flopped at the box office. On the other hand, “Pathan” and now “Gadar 2” and “OMG 2” have delighted Bollywood again after a year with brilliant box office results. While “Gadar 2” had a record opening, “OMG 2” also did well on the first day.
According to SacNilk’s early trend report, where ‘Gadar 2’ posted an impressive turnover of Rs. 40 crores on the first day, Akshay Kumar’s ‘OMG 2’ was able to register a turnover of Rs. 9 crores on the opening day. Let us know here what movies are included in the top 10 openers list.
- Pathan: Earning 55 crores rupees on the first day tops the list.
- Gadar 2: Sunny Deol’s latest feature film grossed 40 crores on day one and is number two on the list.
- Adipurush: The Leading Actor Film by Prabhas-Kriti Sanon ranks third in the list. The film grossed 32.5 million rupees on the first day.
- Tu Jhoothi Main Makkar: The Romantic Comedy by Ranbir Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor had an opening price of 14 crore rupees. This puts it in fourth place on the list.
- Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan: Salman Khan’s leading man film Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan raised 13.25 crore rupees on opening day. The film ranked fifth in the list of the top ten Bollywood opening films.
- Bhola: Ajay Devgan’s Bhola earned 10.50 crore rupees on the first day. This film ranks sixth in the list.
- Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani: The first day collection by Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt, the recent release of Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani cost Rs 10.50 crore. This puts this film in seventh place on the list.
- OMG 2: Akshay Kumar’s latest feature film OMG 2 is ranked 8th in the list. The film grossed 9 crore rupees on opening day.
- Satyaprem Ki Katha: The Movie, based on the unique love story of Karthik Aryan and Kiara Advani, grossed Rs 8.75 crore on the first day. This film is ranked 9th.
- The Kerala Story: Surrounded by controversy, the Kerala story grossed Rs 7.5 million on the first day of its release. Ada Sharma’s film is ranked 10th in the list.