A top Ford executive was arrested after a brutal attack on his wife and threats of burning her two $10,000 Hermes handbags, Michigan police said.
Franck Louis-Victor, 50, who was hired last year by Ford CEO Jim Farley to run the Ford Next autonomous vehicle division, allegedly slapped, headbutted and hit his wife in the face with a Google Nest Hub device, security officials said. police to The Detroit News.
You might be interested in reading: We have Hawkgirl! James Gunn announces three new actors for ‘Superman: Legacy’
The authorities in charge of law enforcement were called to the residence of Louis-Victor in Dearborn over the weekend after receiving a report of a domestic disturbance.
Louis-Victor told police he and his wife were in the middle of an argument when he threatened to set their two luxury Hermes-brand bags on fire using a butane torch, according to the police report.
After Louis-Victor’s wife took the bags from him, he allegedly threatened to harm her.
The dispute between the couple escalated violently and the wife suffered a cut just below her left eye, according to police authorities. Later, she was treated at a hospital for her injuries.
Louis-Victor was charged Monday with felony assault and arson, the Detroit News reported. Bail was set at $25,000.
His next court appearance is scheduled for July 18. As of Tuesday morning, he had not been released on bail.
If convicted, Louis-Victor faces up to four years in prison on the assault charge and up to five years behind bars on the arson charge.
So far, Louis-Victor has not been available for comment.