Flow of imports increases US$4,091.7 MM

Between January and June of this year, total imports totaled US$15,107.0 million, about US$4,091.7 million more than in the same period of 2021 when they reached the figure of US$11,015.3 million, according to the January-June Bulletin on foreign trade of the National Statistics Office (ONE).

The data offered by the General Directorate of Customs (DGA) presents a slight difference with the ONE, since for this same period it shows that total imports reached US$15,106.67 million, some US$3,887.87 million more than in 2021, whose amount was US$ $11,218.80 million.

The truth is the behavior of imports in the first six months reflects a trend towards higher volumes of merchandise purchases by the productive sectors and the Government, since January had a relative increase of 49.2%, in February 36.6%, in March 36.2%, in April 27.1%, in May 33.6% and in June 42.2%.

According to the statistics of both entities, 81% (US$12,236.30 MM) of the imported value corresponds to merchandise that is imported under the national regime or dispatch for consumption, as the DGA calls it. While for free zones, imports represented 18.64% (US$2,815.87).

Consumer goods
Of the total imports, 44.92% corresponds to consumer goods, some US$1,554.59 million more than in 2021 (38.25%).

The list of these goods is led by: fuels, automobiles, household appliances, processed or semi-processed food products, medicinal and pharmaceutical products, tools, vehicle parts, milk, refined sugar, rice and others.

Raw Materials
41.84% of total imports correspond to the line of raw materials, these being: cast iron and steel, unprocessed fuels, artificial plastic materials, for the textile and food industries.

Read Also:  Argentina Mourns Loss of 5-Year-Old Boy

Also mineral coal, unprocessed tobacco, materials for the packaging industry, paper and cardboard, bulk corn and wheat, vegetable oils, organic and inorganic chemical products, among others.

63.58% for the DN
For the period January-July 2022, 63.58% of national imports correspond to taxpayers whose fiscal domicile is registered in the National District.

It is followed by the provinces of Santo Domingo and Santiago with a participation of 16.19% and 6.54% respectively.

Cumulatively, 88.99% of national imports are concentrated in 5 provinces, while the rest of the provinces represent 11.01%.

40.5% arrive from the US.
Of the total imported by the clearance for consumption regime, 10 main countries from which imports arrive and which concentrate 76.69% of the total, They are: United States, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Italy, India and China. It should be noted that 54.68% originates from two markets: the United States (40.58%) and China (14.10%).

11.36% of imports under the consumption clearance regime are registered through trade agreements, with DR-Cafta standing out with a 70.16% share.

73.11% Non-oil goods.
73.11% of imports according to the type of good are non-oil and these showed a growth of 23.41%, while the remaining 26.89% corresponds to oil companies that show a growth of 105.39%.

Trade agreements
Between January-July, imports that entered the country under trade agreements amounted to US$1,390.18 million, showing a drop of -1.09% compared to the same period in 2021.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here