First review of vehicles would cost 1,633.81 pesos, according to preliminary proposal

If the “National Vehicle Technical Inspection Program” is launched in the country, the first revision of the vehicles would cost RD$1,633.81, and the second RD$816.90as stated in this public-private partnership proposal.

The income generated by this project would be distributed as follows: 90% for the private agent and 10% for the State, according to the evaluation report for the declaration of public interest of the initiative published by the General Directorate of Public-Private Partnerships (DGAPP).

The State would be receiving income throughout the life of the project equivalent to 10% of all project income, the remaining 90% will represent the income of the private agent. In this sense, it is proposed that the income that the State will receive with the project will be an average of US$3.03 million per year and does not generate costs for the public institutions involved”, the document specifies.

The program, which would come into force in 2024, contemplates a construction period of 24 months, a contract with a duration of 15 years and investors are expected to recover the investment in six years.

The document states that the project was presented by Leopoldo Castillo Bozo from Castillo Holding Company SA

project details

The proposal contemplates the construction of approximately 56 Vehicle Technical Inspection Centers (CITV) and 8 Mobile Inspection Units so that the service is available throughout the country.

It indicates that the construction of the CITVs would be carried out in a staggered manner, according to service priority criteria and they would have the capacity to carry out approximately 170 inspections per day.

The objectives of the project include guaranteeing the minimum safety conditions and the operating capacity of the vehicles, based on design and manufacturing criteria; reduce mechanical failures; improve road safety; reduce polluting emissions; check suitability for use; renovate the vehicle fleet, among others.

Read Also:  Automating Reporting And Analytics Processes

The proponents emphasize that the improvement in mobility would generate tangible benefits for society, such as the increase in effective time of the working population and the reduction in fuel consumption.

They point out that the lack of adequate preventive inspections of the vehicles can originate accidentsmechanical failures, bad condition of the tires, brake problems, lighting and other problems.

One of the main objectives of the proposal is to reduce the number of victims of traffic accidents. According to the plan, in the first year of implementation of the plan, a balance of 804 injuries could be avoided since the probability of avoiding accidents, if the inspection standards are met, is estimated at 60%.

In terms of age, they refer that this is one of the risk factors for accidents, for which they raise the need to carry out a staggered renewal of the country’s vehicle fleet because 85% of vehicles are older than 5 years of their year. manufacturing.

Regarding pollution, they state that the current vehicle fleet emits 22% of the 36.1 million tons of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2) and other pollutants that affect the population.

It’s not definitive

The report specifies that the initiative is currently in the pre-feasibility stage (preliminary analysis), so the financial projections were made based on preliminary assumptions, subject to potential changes once the final studies are available. The document states that the proposal should be analyzed more extensively.

 

 

 

 

 

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here