E-commerce entered Spain 15,600 million euros in the first quarter of 2022

The turnover of electronic commerce in Spain has increased in the first quarter of 2022 by 25.3% year-on-year to reach 15,627 million eurosaccording to the latest e-commerce data available on the portal CNMCData.

The sectors of activity with the highest income have been clothing, with 7.3% of the total billing; travel agencies and tour operators, with 7.0% and services auxiliary to financial intermediation, in third place, with 6.1%.

Activity sectors

Regarding the number of transactions, in the first quarter of 2022 there have been more than 312 million transactions, 8.2% more. Restaurants lead the ranking by sales (7.3%).

In relation to geographic segmentation, 42.2% of revenues in the first quarter of 2022 were destined for Spain. The remaining 57.8% corresponds to purchases originating in Spain made abroad.

Geographical segmentation

The foreign net balance (the difference between what is bought from abroad to Spain and what is bought from Spain abroad) shows a deficit of 7,258 million euros.

By number of transactions, 33.3% of purchases are destined for Spain and 66.7% abroad.

  transactions

The turnover of transactions originating in Spain and directed abroad was 9,028 million euros, 15.2% more than in the first quarter of the previous year. 90.9% of purchases from Spain abroad are made in stores located in the European Union.

The Branches of activity with the highest volume of business from Spain abroad are clothing (10.3%), auxiliary services to financial intermediation (10.1%) and air transport (5.6%) .

For its part, sales from abroad with Spain have reached a turnover of 1,770 million euros, 86.9% more than in the first quarter of the previous year. 62.3% of purchases from abroad come from the European Union.

Read Also:  Crypto Breakfast: BlackRock fund is the best ETF ever, AI news and more

Likewise, the areas of activity related to the tourism sector (which includes travel agencies, air transport, land transport, car rental and hotels) account for 57.4% of purchases from abroad with Spain.

Exercise

E-commerce revenue within Spain rose by 31.0% year-on-year to 4,830 million euros. Invoicing within Spain is led by hypermarkets and supermarkets (8.2%), followed by public administration, taxes and social security (7.8%).

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here