The first qualifying match of IPL 16 is being played between Chennai and Gujarat. Batting first in this, Chennai put 172 runs on the board for 7 wickets in 20 overs. Chasing the runs, Gujarat Titans lost two important wickets on the power play itself. Chennai fast bowler Deepak Chahar gave the team first success. With this wicket, Deepak Chahar became the third bowler to take the most wickets in the IPL power play.
Gujarat received their first blow in the form of Wriddhiman Saha. Deepak Chahar made his victim on the last ball of the third. Saha was sacked after scoring 12 runs off 11 balls. With this wicket, Deepak Chahar completed 53 wickets in IPL Powerplay. In this list, Indian fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar is at number one with 61 wickets. At the same time, Sandeep Sharma is at number two with 55 wickets. While Umesh Yadav is fourth with 53 wickets and Zaheer Khan is at number five with 52 wickets.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – 61 wickets.
- Sandeep Sharma – 55 wickets.
- Deepak Chahar – 53 wickets.
- Umesh Yadav – 53 wickets.
- Zaheer Khan – 52 wickets.
- Ishant Sharma – 50 wickets.
- Trent Boult – 50 wickets.
At the same time, in the power play of IPL 2023, Deepak Chahar has kept his charm. This season, Deepak Chahar has taken 10 wickets while bowling on the power play. Deepak is at number three on this list along with Trent Boult. While Mohammed Shami is number one on the list with 15 wickets.
- Mohammed Shami – 15 wickets.
- Trent Boult – 10 wickets.
- Deepak Chahar – 10 wickets.
- Mohammad Siraj – 10 wickets.
- Jason Behrendorff – 10 wickets.