Child swallows key, X-ray reveals

A Saudi child swallowed a key in Taif, Saudi Arabia. After which the parents immediately shifted the child to the emergency department of the hospital in critical condition.

The child came close to death due to the key getting stuck in his throat. However, the medical team succeeded in saving the child’s life by taking immediate action.

The child was close to death due to the key getting stuck in his neck. However, the medical team succeeded in saving the child’s life by taking immediate action.

The medical team performed a laparoscopic operation on the toddler and surprisingly removed the key.

King Faisal Medical Complex said through its Twitter account that it received a child in critical condition with respiratory distress.

The child required first aid and medical and radiological examination. Examination revealed the presence of a key-shaped body in the esophagus.

Necessary steps were taken immediately. Follow-up was continued and eventually the key was removed from the child’s body.

The team treating the case also said that after an immediate endoscopy was performed and an iron key was removed from the esophagus, the child’s condition was so bad that he was close to death.

The medical team continued the follow-up treatment of the little boy with the nursing teams. Medical sources confirmed that the child’s condition is now stable and the child has been discharged in good health

Read Also:  Ecuador Floods: 7 Dead, 30 Missing

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here