Brazil asked FIFA to suspend the pending match with Argentina

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), at the request of coach Tité, asked FIFA this Wednesday to suspend the pending match of the South American Qualifiers for Qatar 2022 that his team must face against Argentina next September. According to reports, the governing body of world football has already prepared a proposal for said suspension that also includes a reduction in the economic fines that it had imposed on both federations for their responsibilities regarding what happened in the original match that was played. at the Arena Corinthians, in São Paulo, and that he was suspended 5 minutes into the game.

The AFA, for its part, agrees with FIFA, since from the beginning it opposed the rescheduling of the match. Even Lionel Scaloni, the coach of the Argentine team, protested last week for not knowing what situation he was in. The risk of injury so soon after the World Cup and the possibility that a footballer might be suspended bothered the coach and also the president of the AFA, Claudio “Chiqui” Tapia. As soon as the FIFA Appeals Commission ordered the match to be played, the AFA lawyers went to work on the appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

FIFA had scheduled the suspended meeting last year for next September 22 in San Pablo but, like Argentina, Brazil now joins and does not want to play it. In this sense, it should be remembered that Argentina has a pending claim in the TAS, since on several occasions the coach Lionel Scaloni expressed his position of not playing the game.

Read Also:  Undrafted Kings League Players: The Best Bargain Finds

“After receiving the request from coach Tite, we will try to suspend the match,” the CBF reported in a statement posted on the official website. “Given the position of the coaching staff, we are going to seek FIFA at this time so that the match is not played. I will spare no effort to assist the coaching staff. Our priority is to win the sixth championship in Qatar. We are going to invest so that the match is not carried out”, said the president of the CBF, Ednaldo Rodrigues, in the statement, reproduced by the Globo Esporte signal.

According to the Brazilian entity, the coaching staff explained that playing the South American classic could be detrimental to the preparation for the 2022 Qatar World Cup. “The risk of injuries, suspensions and Argentina’s boycott of the match” were also the reasons Tite stated for not play the match, according to the statement.

The match between Brazil and Argentina corresponding to the South American Qualifiers was suspended after 5 minutes of play on September 5 due to the entry of an armed Brazilian health agent who tried to remove the Argentine soccer players who came from England from the field.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here