The real-time data of klarnashow that online sales have increased by 144% compared to 2021. Millions of Spaniards took advantage of Black Friday online discounts and offers to save time and money.
- Sales have grown 598% in the first hour of Black Friday (12-1am) compared to any other day, and so far, Black Friday sales are up 144% compared to 2021.
- in the days before (November 21-24) lSales have increased by 154% compared to last year. Brands and platforms have opted to advance their offers and discounts, transforming Black Friday into Black Week. Tuesday, November 22, was the busiest day with a 197% increase in sales vs. 2021.
- Clothes and shoes; Leisure, Sports and Hobbies; and Jewelry and accessories, are the most popular categories compared to any given day with no deals.
- During the early hours of the day, 50% of purchases have been made by Millennials (25-40 years old)23% by young people from Generation Z (18-24 years old) and 21% by Generation X consumers (41-56 years old).
“Black Friday online sales are reminiscent of the phenomenon of selling tickets for concerts or sporting events, when you see people camping out in front of the ticket booths hoping to be the first to buy them. Online sales have skyrocketed this week with a significant increase starting at midnight, when many brands and platforms have launched their Black Friday deals. This year, consumers are more receptive than ever to Black Friday discounts, hence the success of the campaign during these early hours of the day..” Explain Gonzalo Sobrino, Head of Partner Success at Klarna in Spain.
Online purchases are gaining more and more prominence during Black Friday
A recent survey carried out by Klarna in collaboration with the Dynata research agency during the months of October and November, and including 1034 Spanish participants, reveals that:
- 61% of Spaniards will do most of their Christmas shopping online this year.
- 49% plan to shop primarily online today, while only 27% will shop primarily in-store.
- Saving time and money are the main reasons why Spaniards shop online for the holidays. 77% of respondents say it’s easier to compare prices online and 76% believe you’ll get better prices online than in physical stores. Likewise, 81% think that buying online saves time and 76% think they can find a wider variety of products.
- 74% of consumers will compare prices between stores more often than in other years with the goal of getting the cheapest price.