crazy sunday in Mandalikahome of the second stop of the World Superbike and in which the two scheduled sleeves, the superpole race and race 2, were aborted due to red flags. In the sprint he prevailed razgatlioglu and in the second sleeve, Alvaro Bautista, his victory five in six races this year, the 37 in SBK and solid leader after two weekends.
The day began with the accident Loris Baz and alex lowes at the start (the Briton hit the Frenchman’s right leg) and a subsequent fall of Jonathan Rheaon lap 2. Reset the short race to 8 laps after the red flag for oil on the track, on lap 4 alvaro bautista he went to the ground to score his first zero of the season and Razgatlioglu won ahead of Locatelli leading the one-two for Yamaha. The reenlisted lowes closed the podium and his partner rhea finished fourth.
The madness continued in the second stake, in which Bautista came back twice, in the original start and in the one after the red flag. started two yamaha ahead thanks to their previous victory, although harassed and losing positions with bassani and rinaldiwhile Friday with the Honda and the champion with the Ducati went up to third and fourth position, at which point vandermark he fell with his bmw on lap 7 and the test was aborted.
With the positions established just at the finish line before the Dutchman’s incident, the traffic light was turned off again: rinaldiRazgatlioglu and Friday in the first row, with Baptist room. From there, the man from Talavera progressed until he reached the lead, with an intense duel including his teammate, whom he overtook on the penultimate lap to win. The Italian’s ills did not end there, he was also surpassed by the Turk and Friday after a mistake. The Spaniard thus achieved his first podium in the Superbike World Championship. Things were worse for Jonathan rheawho continues to suffer at the start of the world championship, as he was left out of the race after crashing at turn 7, during the ninth lap, when he was fighting with bassani for the sixth position.
1. alvaro bautista (Aruba Racing – Ducati)
2. Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +1.218s
3. Xavi Vierge (Team HRC) +3.050s
4. Michael Ruben Rinaldi (Aruba Racing – Ducati) +4.068s
5. Andrea Locatelli (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +4.848
6. Danilo Petrucci (Barni Spark Racing Team) +5.838s
1. Álvaro Bautista (Aruba Racing – Ducati) 112 points
2. Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) 75
3. Andrea Locatelli (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) 70
4. Axel Bassani (Motocorsa Racing) 51
5. Michael Ruben Rinaldi (Aruba Racing – Ducati) 47
6. Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) 44