Afghan Taliban take control of Bagram airfield and declare not to take Kabul by force

A recent statement by the Afghan Taliban made it clear that the Afghan Taliban would not take control of Kabul by force. Proponents of a peaceful transition of power. The latest statement announces the full acquisition of the Bagram airfield.

The Afghan Taliban issued a statement on Sunday (August 15) after conflicting reports about the attack and the entry into Kabul appeared on social media, saying that “we have detained these mujahideen on the outskirts of Kabul.” Mujahideen have been banned from Kabul.

On the other hand, the Taliban have also announced the total occupation of the Bagram airfield. Zabihullah Mujahid said that all the prisoners were taken to safety.

According to Zabihullah Mujahid, the Afghan Taliban do not want to enter Kabul by force or duress. He also made it clear that he would not take political revenge on anyone, but that he would forgive government employees.

He added that consultations and mutual talks are taking place with the government. We have been asked to hand over Kabul peacefully. So that the transfer of power can be completed without a war.

Government employees began fleeing government offices amid the chaos, while helicopters began arriving at the US embassy.

Previously, the Taliban captured the Afghan city of Jalalabad without resistance or fight, after which the control of the Afghan government was limited to the capital, Kabul.

Read Also:  The “Rolex case” concerns the Peruvian president: Boluarte calls on the prosecutor to testify “as soon as possible”.

The fall of Dzhalal-Abad also gave the Taliban control of the highway that connects the Pakistani city of Peshawar with Afghanistan and is one of the most important highways in the country, Reuters reported.

Previously, the Taliban had captured the country’s fourth-largest city, Mazar-e-Sharif, which was promised to be defended by two former warlords, giving the Taliban control of the entire northern part of Afghanistan.

Former Afghan Interior Minister Arshad Ahmadi has also confirmed this, saying that the spread of fake news on social media should be avoided. The Taliban have not entered Kabul.

The Afghan presidential palace says there have been no attacks on Kabul or aerial shots. “The Afghan National Defense Forces are defending Kabul with their international allies and the situation is under control,” read a tweet.

Stock Photo

In his speech, Sharaf Ghani said that very serious measures were being taken to reorganize the forces.

.

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here