Home Entertainment A woman in the US has lost her limbs to flesh-eating bacteria.

A woman in the US has lost her limbs to flesh-eating bacteria.

Laura perdió sus cuatro extremidades por una bacteria ‘carnívora’ que adquirió al comer pescado

A woman lost all four limbs after eating fish and became infected with a deadly “flesh-eating” bacteria in the US.

Laura Barajas never imagined that the tilapia she bought at a supermarket in San Jose, California, would give her the worst experience of her life.

This 40-year-old Mexican woman took her fish and cooked it like she always does at home; But days later he became ill and had to be taken to a hospital, where he remained in intensive care for more than a month.

Laura’s friend Anna Messina told local broadcaster Kron4 that doctors told her that she had contracted a serious infection after eating that half-cooked tilapia.

“He almost lost his life. She was on a ventilator. She was put into an induced coma. His fingers, feet and lips were black. “He had complete sepsis and his kidneys were failing,” he said.

The infection was so advanced that doctors were forced to amputate his limbs so that it would no longer affect other parts of his body.

This Vibrio Vulnificus bacteria is acquired through consumption of raw or undercooked seafood; but above all due to the contact that any type of wound has with contaminated water.

The disease causes necrosis in the skin and tissue, requiring sufferers to be hospitalized in intensive care and lose part of a limb in an attempt to stem its progression.

A “flesh-eating” bacteria

Anna decided to start a campaign through GoFundMe to help her friend. She told the story that this family of Mexican origin is going through.

Laura has a relationship with José Valdez and a six-year-old son named Gael. This family’s life was changed overnight by this deadly bacteria, and their financial situation was complicated by the high costs of the disease.

“Little did he know that this simple act would change his life forever. “Laura realized something was terribly wrong and she was diagnosed with Vibrio Vulnificus, a dangerous bacterial infection,” he said.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has warned about this infection, which can be spread by eating raw or undercooked fish. and exposing an open wound to coastal waters.

Laura Barajas disease is commonly referred to as a “flesh-eating” bacteria and is found primarily in the warm waters of the United States.

The warning states that 150 to 200 people become infected with this potentially fatal infection every year and one in five lose their life.

“Many of these infections were acquired after exposure to an open wound in coastal waters. Some were associated with consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish or had an unclear etiology,” the CDC says.

Health authorities have urged people to take all precautions, prepare food very well and avoid bathing in the sea or other places if injured.

No Comments

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Exit mobile version