A baby dies in Florida after his mother put fentanyl in his bottle

A nine-month-old baby died last month in Miami, Florida, United States, after his 17-year-old mother spiked his bottle with fentanyl.

This was reported on that day by the police authorities, according to the media outlet CBS News.

The mother was arrested on charges of aggravated homicide and possession of a controlled substance, Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper said during the press, the American newspaper established.

Supposedly, the young woman confessed to investigators that “she thought the fentanyl was cocaine and she put it in her baby’s bottle to put him to sleep because she was tired and wanted to take a nap”.

“Unfortunately, some babies are born to people who don’t have to be parents”were the words of the bailiff during the press conference, reported CBS News.

The facts

According to CBS News, on June 26, officers responded to a residence on Deerfield Country Club Road in Callahan, which is about 20 miles north of Jacksonville. They arrived to find the baby unconscious on the living room floor. He was not breathing and had no pulse.

An officer performed CPR and the baby was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Investigators received a medical examiner’s report that fentanyl had been found in the infant’s blood, and the cause of death was determined to be a fentanyl overdose.

Read Also:  Spectacular fall of the blades of the Moulin Rouge in the middle of the Parisian night

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here