2021 has not slowed down eCommerce growth in Spain: we have grown by 2% in the first quarter of the year

The turnover of electronic commerce in Spain has increased in the first quarter of 2021 by 1.9% year-on-year to reach 12,474 million euros. This figure, offered by the portal CNMCData It is not very high, but it means that eCommerce will continue to grow, at a lower speed, but it will continue to grow.

The sectors of activity with the highest income have been the clothing, with 9.7% of the total turnover; services auxiliary to financial intermediation, with 5.6% and thirdly, gambling with 5.5%. Once again, he emphasizes that the tourism sector is not among the first sectors of the list, when before the pandemic it was common to find it.

Remember that in the first quarter of 2020 (when trade had not yet been so affected by the pandemic) the sectors with the highest growth were the travel agencies and tour operators, air transport, and clothing.

If you look at the number of transactions, in the first quarter of 2021, more than 289 million transactions, 27.7% more. Department stores lead the ranking by sales (8.5%).

Refering to geographic segmentation, 37.2% of revenues in the first quarter of 2021 were destined for Spain. The remaining 62.8% corresponds to purchases originating in Spain made abroad.

Other data offered by CNMC for the first quarter of 2021:

  • The net external balance (the difference between what is bought from abroad to Spain and what is bought from Spain abroad) shows a deficit of 6,892 million euros.
  • By number of transactions, 30.9% of sales are destined for Spain and 69.1% abroad.
  • The business volume of transactions originating in Spain and directed abroad was 7,839 million euros, 26.1% more than in the first quarter of the previous year. The 86.3% of purchases from Spain abroad are made in stores located in the European Union.
  • The branches of activity with largest volume of business from Spain abroad is clothing (12.0%), auxiliary services to financial intermediation (8.4%) and lgambling and betting (6.4%).
  • For their part, Sales from abroad with Spain have reached a turnover of 947 million euros, 58.0% less than in the first quarter of the previous year. 60.6% of purchases from abroad come from the European Union.
  • The areas of activity related to the tourism sector (which groups travel agencies, air transport, land transport, car rental and hotels) account for 27.1% of purchases from abroad with Spain.
  • The e-commerce revenues within Spain have fallen by 2.3% year-on-year to 3,687 million euros. Leading the billing within Spain, hypermarkets, supermarkets and food stores (10.4%), followed by public administration, taxes and social security (8.0%).
Read Also:  This star player will play his last match in T20 World Cup today, will compete with this team

Recent Articles

Related News

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here